Monday, December 20, 2010

Protein

Its important to eat enough protein each day to maintain proper hair and nail growth as well as muscle growth. I always start off my day with eggs and later on I have some sort of meat. Whichever protein I eat, I choose about 100 calories of it for any meal.

Eggs have 80 calories, and egg whites alone have 16 calories each. I usually make an egg white omelet with 4 egg whites. Once in awhile I will have one whole egg including the egg yolk and 3 additional egg whites. I dont have more egg yolks because they are the source of cholesterol and lots of calories.

These fish fillets have 100 calories per fillet.

Shrimp has 100 calories for 3 oz.


Frozen Chicken Breast: 110 calories for 4oz


Ready Chicken Strips: 100 calories for half package. Great for wraps.


The slices are 7.7 calories per slice. There are many other brands of chicken or turkey breast that are about 10 calories or less per slice that work well too. They go great with my eggs in the morning, or in a sandwich.


These hotdogs are 40 calories each. I eat two of them for any meal, but even three is ok calorie wise. They are a bit expensive though. One pack was around five dollars. If you are eating two per serving, you will only get a few servings out of one pack.

Tuna has about 100 calories per can.

most beans are a good source of low calorie protein. This one here is 100 calories per 1/2 cup. They go great as a side dish to any meal, including breakfast eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment