Sunday, December 19, 2010

Grains

I usually eat about 2-4 servings of grains per day. Here are the products I buy:

I choose wraps that are around 100 calories. These Trader Joes tortillas are my favorite in terms of flavor, texture, and fullness. They are 110 calories each. They go great as a wrap for my eggs or for quesadilla snack.
100 Calorie Flavored Wrap

Egg roll Wraps: 60 calories each

This is the bread that I use quite often. It is 45 calories per slice, but the slices are very small and not satisfying. I am not 100% satisfying with the flavor. Most times I eat two slices for a total of 90 calories.

This is Miltons 98% fat free Original Multi-Grain bread. This is my favorite bread in terms of texture, flavor and fullness. Each slice is 110 calories and has a hint of honey.



This mix has 140 calories per 1/3 cup. To go with your pancakes or waffles or french toast: Mrs Butter Worth's sugar free syrup.



These Fat Free No Pudge Fudge brownies are 120 calories per serving. You have the option to make one serving in the microwave instead of the entire box, which prevents you from over eating them.




Oatmeal has about 120 calories per packet. I microwave it with 2/3 cup water, then I add about 1/4 cup almond milk (10 calories), some crumbled pretzel pieces for crunch, and a few chopped dried berries for color.


In general, cereal is not good to eat because it is not satisfying and it increases your appetite. The only cereal I eat is fiber one cereal which I sprinkle on various foods for extra fiber such as on top of a salad or on top of cottage cheese.

These rice crackers have 50 calories each and are great as a snack on their own, or crumbled into yogurt as a substitute for granola. I really like this caramel flavor.

These are some of my favorite snacks. This popcorn is about 100 calories per bag and already measured out. The Fiber Plus bars are really soft, chocolately, and have lots of fiber at 150 calories per bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment